How to Apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Linux Systems Administrator" and your attached PDF résumé.
You will be a member of a high performing team with responsibility for end-to-end management, automation, and deployment of our highly scalable and secure services and supporting infrastructure. You will leverage your knowledge of operating systems, networking, and security to take our production services to the next level. The ideal candidate will be an exceptional Linux systems administrator with broad experience operating, securing, and automating web-based services and underlying software and hardware systems. Strong communication skills, attention to detail, a customer-focussed mentality, and the ability to meet deadlines are critical to this role.
- Reviewing and assimilating written requirements as provided by product management and technical managers.
- Designing, developing, and setting up operations tools, infrastructure, and processes.
- Working on ways to automate and improve operations, development, and release processes.
- Maintain and enhance the security of our services and systems.
- Helping monitor, manage, and maintain production, testing, and development environments.
- Implementing procedures for system monitoring, alerting, troubleshooting, and maintenance.
- Identifying operational and technical problems, analyzing causes, and developing fixes.
- Writing technical documentation suitable for internal and external consumption.
- Participating in software project planning and coordination. Defining and coordinating technical tasks.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Must have no less than 7+ years of Linux systems and network administration experience.
- Experience managing and automating production enterprise-scale Linux-based web-based services and supporting infrastructure.
- Excellent knowledge of Linux scripting, web development platforms, and related technologies.
- Deep understanding of networking, DNS, HTTP, TCP, TLS, IPMI, IPVS, Firewalls, Proxy Servers, Load Balancing, VLANs, SNMP, syslog, etc.
- Experience with web security and best practices.
- Experience with Linux backup and restore procedures.
- Experience with git, version control, and deployment environments.
- Working knowledge of relational databases and SQL.
- Understanding of containers and virtualization.
- Nice to Have: Experience with email and mobile push notifications.
Location: Ottawa or Toronto, Ontario
Note: Our team is currently working remotely. However, remote candidates must be willing to relocate to Ottawa or Toronto.
- Energetic start-up environment (felt even with team currently working remotely).
- Challenging assignments/projects.
- Complimentary access to applicable Udemy online learning courses.
- MacBook or PC laptop access.